318-309-8144 | 701 Pine Hill Rd Shreveport, LA 71107
Modern cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles come with complex
technology such as digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers,
unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more
efficiently than models of years past. However, they eventually need to be
Before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service, do your homework so you receive the best possible service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
- Do not ignore any warning signals your car may give you.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give your mechanic.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Allow our experienced technicians to diagnose and recommend a remedy.
- It's important to note when the problem occurs. Is it constant or periodic? Does it occur when the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up? Does it happen at all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
Check for the following common vehicle maintenance issues on a regular basis:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, and vibrations.
- When did the problem first start?
How to manage your service experience:
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for an explanation in laymans terms if necessary.
- Don't rush the technicians. You may be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and cost before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Make sure the shop has your contact information readily available, so you can be reached as soon as possible.
Discover More About Appointments and Repair Services At Blanchard Auto Repair Inc. in Shreveport
General Auto Repair Services
Auto Repair Near 71103
Stephen Herrington, 05/25/2023
The best people! My GF and I broke down outside of Shreveport. We got towed to Blanchard Auto Repair. They repaired the coolant hose that blew, but unfortunately there was a ton of oil in the coolant reservoir. They advised that the car most likely had a blown head gasket and wouldn't make the rest of our trip. They went out of their way trying to help us. We still had to drive to Auburn, AL. The helped us look for rentals and search for places where we could haul the car back to Auburn. They gave us water and did absolutely everything they could to keep our stress levels down. They were kind and honest people. They looked to take care of us rather than charge for work that wasn't needed. I would 100% suggest this shop. They are also dog friendly! Kind, honest, and caring people...everybody from the manager, front desk, to the mechanics. Wholesome people. Thank you Blanchard Auto Repair. Many blessings to you. Thank you for helping us when we were in need.